Our goal is to promote self-confidence and to provide our students with the academic and learning-skill foundation necessary for them to reach their potential, and experience success at the secondary level and beyond.
Our students benefit from:
- increased motivation through relevant education
- a wide range of teaching methods, tailored to individual skills, interests and learning styles (catered specifically to a student's IEP)
- support in attaining educational and career goals
- greater individual support (most classrooms have educational assistant support within)
- an increase in self-confidence and academic success
- experiential learning opportunities, including but not limited to: COOP, Dual Credit, OYAP, and field trips
- Specialist High Skill Major programs include construction technology and Hospitality and Service
- Pathway programs in Hairstyling
- individualized technology, with all classrooms equipped with laptops, ELMOs and Smartboards
- smaller classes, which average 16 students per class.
- additional support through increased Teaching Staff and Support Staff, with two full-time administrators, and a full-time Student Support Worker
- Community Partner Support for all students in need